Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spirituality Course


Comments on Lesson 12 – Dr of Spirituality course

There have been times in the past when I have felt my self-esteem rather low and felt that I have needed to improve my perception of myself. It has caused me to look at myself objectively and deeply to see what needed to be improved. Sometimes it has taken some time to find the cause of the problem but usually I have found the answer that I needed to lift myself up to a more acceptable level. Perhaps I had been too concerned with things that did not really matter and which, to be frank, were nothing to do with me! It is amazing how we can get ourselves so involved with something that is not really of any concern to us and through it, reduce our self-esteem!

I have found prayer to be very helpful in combating any wrong feelings of any kind but particularly where I needed lifting up from the depths. By realising the presence of the Spirit, the bad feelings start to melt away and one realises that they were nothing at all.

We need our lives to be filled with Love and the more we try to attain this, the more we rise above the petty matters which bring us down. I have found over the weeks doing this course that I have overcome at least some of the fears and guilt in my life although I feel the need to continue and be patient in my efforts towards further improvement. The prayer exercises have been useful and uplifting providing a way to reach out to the path of light that opens the way to overcoming the fears we all feel. I am finding the course more relevant to my situation as I progress and although I found it difficult to start with, I believe that at last I am feeling the benefits.

D H Kemp


**********************
Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers and lots of free online sermons for your use. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment