Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Course in Miracles

Following is the assignment for Lesson #3

I am always in conscious awareness of how my actions affect others.  But the greater lesson for the ego is when others' behavior gives lessons:  currently I am scheduled to teach some classes here where I work in Old Town Florence. There are not many students coming to the classes..........and this is interesting..............except for the Meditation class!  For the other classes of T'ai Chi Chih and Yoga, sometimes no one shows up.  So we are offering a discount for senior citizens which will hopefully help.  However, the emotionality created by my ego is not so comfortable and I have noticed this quite a bit during the past three weeks.  Just the past few days, I have "awakened" to the fact that if I allow this situation to continue........myself accepting the victim state.......this destroys any hope of enjoying the present!  So, I am realizing that this is a lesson that I need for advancement out of my ego state of the chemical reaction state of existence to a state of being aware the whole situation has a purpose for my higher good needs attention.  My overall intention must be misdirected which has certainly gotten my attention!     I have not ever experienced not having a bunch of students, so the lesson has not been so comfortable..............and so be it.  This gives me the opportunity to know that all events are happening as they need to. 

Additionally, there is an individual that I work with that has been challenging to "get along with" and has brought up fear thoughts.   One day I sat down with her and expressed this and she was shocked at the fear part.  Since  100% of the time we are in either Love or Fear thinking and feeling,   I realized that she brought up fear for me.  After the talk, I felt and thought better, much better and now the relationship is on its way to healing. 

I have learned so much from ACIM regarding the psychology of behavior and am humbled by the simplicity at times.  Love, Elizabeth


**********************
Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers and lots of free online sermons for your use. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment