Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Lesson 14 ~ Spiritual Leadership ~ Unit Three ~ Job, Career and Calling Part 2 ~ Essay

Lesson 14 ~ Spiritual Leadership ~ Unit Three ~ Job, Career and Calling Part 2 ~ Essay

By:  Rev. Trent Murman

 

I believe everyone's journey is comprised of many stories which I refer to as tributaries, as associated with a river system.  Some of these tributaries follow a smooth pathway and produce a balance of good and bad karma.  After evaluating your journey to your sacred space or place you tend to acknowledge these tributaries.  The one's with dangerous rapids or currents most people tend to stay away from only to attempt to make their journey more smooth.  I also believe you need to have a few rough spots along the journey towards your sacred place in your career to keep you grounded allowing you to reassure yourself you are capable of handling His "tests".  Once your sacred space has been obtained, I believe you will find yourself in a more accepting place, your journey will be more at ease and you will be better able to help/guide other along their pathways. 

 

In the grand scheme of things one tries to accomplish everything he has personally set forth in his/her personal practice.  However, there are times when this is just not possible.  In my own life when this happens I get that unwanted feeling of personal defeat.  On the other hand, when a personal creative date is achieved, there is a feeling of pride and definite accomplishment.  I believe my ministry is and will always be a calling.  I have never looked at it as a "job".  To me the term "job" denotes something mundane or repetitive.  Working with people, in my opinion, has never been mundane.  There are some careers that are just that way, every day brings something new and challenging.  I believe I have already shifted my way into the "calling" mode.  In this mode you tend to go where you are needed and simplify yourself worth focusing directly on the message of the Lord.  However, remembering, as ministers our greatest asset is that of listening to our clients and being sure we totally understand what it is that may have them bewildered.  Through doing this, then we can truly help them move on with their intended life's journey.  GO IN PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment