Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Prayer Visualization

This weeks lesson has been a challenge for me. In just a few short weeks of this course, my ego is getting scared. I know this because as I sit down to do this lesson I'm feeling blocks come up. There's a part of that's afraid to let go of the known even though it's a lie. I feel feelings and thoughts come up such as "if this world is an illusion then how do I live in it? " And "how do I claim my inheritance?".

I'm seeing a particular situation in my life that bothers me very much. My ego is throwing up fear all over the place, placing importance on things that are illusions. It concerns LOVE. Of course I Do understand it's the illusionary type of love -pretend love or I would feel safe as love cannot be threatened. None the less, it's an illusion I'm trying to free myself from. Looking at it as the perfect all encompassing love of God, I can see if I release the illusion the problem drops away and no longer exists. My question is what exactly go away? Is it the feelings of lack and fear? Is it the whole situation? Is it part of the situation? Is it the person? Does the situation miraculously heal itself to a closer version of God Love?

I see and feel with compassion the situation, the relationship. I can see myself and the other person from the outside looking in and I see beautiful Peaceful Love. Living it is the issue. Thats the challenge I am to overcome while on earth, I know. Opening my perspective to the point that I am living and being the the Christ. Of course, it makes me wonder then if God only creates eternal life then that leads me to believe that the death of Christ was an illusion in a sense. I take it to believe that Christs death was symbolic of letting the illusion or the separation die. Christ example of the sacrifice is the example we have to release our suffering by releasing the lies and becoming the all encompassing LOVE that is God.

I can see to the from the pagan perspective with the earth and the the seasons, day and night, phases of the moon and planets the same learning. As the the seasons change, and leaves fall, winter comes (death), then spring (birth), summer (growth), fall (harvest), etc, etc, etc. This is parables of our soul path of releasing and letting go of the illusions, birthing truth, growing in love.

It's a bit of a game, humans do love games and drama! So this whole process of life make sense, this Game of Life fabricated by our imaginations. The 100th monkey scenario comes to mind. A few monkeys were trained on an island to wash sweet potatoes before eating them and in a short amount of time all the monkeys on this island eventually started washing their sweet potatoes before eating them on their own. The 100th monkey though was the clincher. The 100th monkey triggered a chain reaction in that 1000's of other monkeys on other islands automatically started washing their sweet potatoes too. It became a belief and enough people believing something creates a new illusion or belief or in this case a behavior. It also points to our Oneness and how the mass consciousness influences our beliefs/illusions/behaviors.

The more I can expand my love as the Son of God ( - pretty kewl) the more others will expand their love and then POW- the 100th Monkey!!

Blessings
Rev Naunie Maddox

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment