Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Course In Miracles Class

In what way am I attached to results or desperate to attract what I desire into my life?
A: Lately, I have been wanting more students in my Yoga classes.  I am also in a life transition stage and want the changes needed to come my way fast.  I have always wanted things to happen fast when I know change is needed.
In what ways am I asking for magical change in my life instead of praying for the strength to handle whatever circumstances I am now in?
A:  And I would say to this question that I know that other directions are needed since I am not seeming to get what I think I want right now.  I do pray and meditate for the strength to handle what is happening now.  I have always said that when life brings me lemons I will make lemonade.  I guess that at times I have to taste the lemons a long time before I realize that I need to make the lemonade.  This is, of course, related to not accepting the lemons in the first place.  One of these times is presenting itself now and I am realizing that it is happening for important reasons.  I need to accept what is happening and appreciate the lessons and the gifts that are here now for me.
How may this be working against me?   A:  It is working against me because it causes me to get stuck in fear thinking.  Anytime I do this, I am miserable, not in a state of love.
How will my life improve when I ask for the go's fear to be replaced by God's peace? and What will be the evidence to me that I have done this?
A: I will know that all things happening are happening for specific and real spiritual reasons.  There are no accidents.  I will be released to get on with what God has in store for me.  I will know I have replaced the Ego's fear with God's love when I am feeling loving and energetic and serving myself and others.  It is about being at peace and in Love allowing the changes to accrue as the need to for my highest good.  The negative circumstances that we "think" are negative are just messages that we need to do something else or head in another direction.
How will the peace I feel when I release attachment to results help me to transcend my problems?  

A:  Peace will help me to transcend my problems because peace thoughts are positive with all the cells in the body getting loving and peaceful messages of release and joy.  It is only when the present is accepted and celebrated that I am able to open to the changes that may be needed.   The other possibility is that there are not changes needed in the current situation, but in other places in life.  Things will flow only when there is acceptance which replaces resistance.
Write a prayer that requests a release from fear and asks to accept the peace that is already mine through surrender of attachment to results.  
 
A:  Help me to accept the current circumstances in my life with peace and love.  I thank God and the universe for all life's experiences and know that you have my highest good as a focus of experiences that you send my way.  I release my little ego from fear and please give me the grace and compassion to accept the present moment, all present moments as perfect just as they are.  In this way my body, mind, spirit will be able to integrate these experiences and allow natural transitions to take place that would not have if the current experience were not present here now.  Blessings to All. 


**********************
Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers and lots of free online sermons for your use. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment