Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Dr. of Spirituality ACIM: Lesson 6

"We don't recognize that love is the answer, because we don't realize that lack of love is the problem."

Those words haven't been more true for today's society. Prayer, in its truest form, is communication with God. Not only for asking things, but being grateful for what we already have or have earned without expectations. Not saying that it is easy in any capacity, and it's not as cut and dry, nor the same for everyone else.

For a long time, I've had trouble with Prayer. I felt that it was one-sided and fell on deaf ears. But, I've always kept the lines open. I've come to learn that the problem was within me and learned to listen better. It is a lesson in progress. I had problems with feeling worthy of God. I never looked at it as 'calling on a Friend'. I'm learning everyday that God gives us what we need. It is up to us on how to receive the things we need. Reigniting the fires within ourselves and prayer can take us a long way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment