Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Awareness Lesson 15

Dear Rev. Elizabeth King, and Rev. Amy Long

1.     What are the roots of your right side?  What messages did you receive on doing, and on "taking care of business"?

2.     When parent or parents instill genuine values, beliefs, and thought processes this will help an individual later in life to be grounded and to do which is right by their right consciousness.  This will also help and individual to also know in taking care of business to know what is a bad deal or not to get involved in a bad deal.

  What were told you could expect from the world?  

I was brought up to know to be honest and to know what is right, and how other people can get you in a lot of trouble

              How were you taught to deal with challenges and difficulties?

I was to taught to have confidence and deal with the challenges head on and being a taken advantage.  I always thought that Knowledge is power.   

3.     What would your life be like if your right side ran everything?  What would you miss or long for?

I would feel like I wouldn't be able to learn if my life ran smoothly.  Sometimes your situations make you stronger and can conquer anything that comes your way.

4.     Which qualities of the right side do you need to develop more fully?

To be stronger, Liston carefully, Look, and pay attention to all surroundings and to pay close attention to the people around you.  

5.     Which qualities from the left side would help you balance the right-sided ones you may know more about now?  For example, if you have

6.         learned to focus on accomplishment (a left-brain activity),

7.        would some form of quiet centering or meditation (right-brain activity) help balance you life?  Or, if you were taught to rely on yourself,

8.        might you complement that by learning to work with others cooperatively?

To answer this question I would have to say that I would choose all of these, because I used have of my life trying to correct that was wronged me.  So now that my life turning 50 is a do over that I missed with my schooling, and so far everything is right on target.

 

Sincerest Rebecca Burkett

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment