Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lessons 1,2,3,4 and 5 ~ Spiritual Awareness ~ Collective Essay

Lessons 1,2,3,4 and 5 ~ Spiritual Awareness ~ Collective Essay

 By:  Rev. Trent Murman

I can tell this is going to be another awesome course from the seminary.  It has helped me do more self- exploration and again being aware of everything around and within me.  I believe the gods have once again are guiding us all to our inner beings, helping us to become more in tuned to our pure existence not only on this planet, but with all peoples combined. 

I believe and agree with Spiritual awareness or spiritual awakening is the process by which we begin to explore our own being in order to become whole and reunite our spirits with our physical bodies in a commonality of purpose.--Holistic Healing

I believe within my own private life "things happen for a reason" and if we can somehow learn from these coincidences (?) we can better figure our path or paths during our journey in life.  Finding our inner sacred space is crucial for anyone.  Most people go along with "what will be, will be" and are satisfied to use this as their format for their journey.  This course has opened my eyes and given more to consider about the way I connect with my inner self and human beings I come in contact with repetitively on a daily basis.  There are many things going on in our lives that receive stimuli and make us continuously question what the gods have in store for us, for I firmly believe they have some control in guiding us along our journey. For me, when I need my "sacred space" it usually comes between 2-3 a.m., this is the best time for me to go to my sacred space and connect with my inner self.  Whether you believe in Darwin or not, most people agree that there is some sort of evolution going on around us every day.   Simply put, history itself is a form of evolution, hopefully not allowing us to repeat its malady's too often.  People do evolve and tend to learn from their past journeys.  My special place is in my office, where I meditate daily, hopefully around the same time, it is comfortable, secure and allows me "go to my special place" easily, this is accomplished through meditation and soulice. As stated the first insight captures our attention and fires our imagination.  This makes us begin to collaborate our thoughts with our spiritual being.  Our spiritual awareness started when we first recognized coincidences are in our everyday lives.  The First Insight is a reconsideration of the inherent mystery that surrounds our individual lives on this planet. The Second Insight acknowledges our awareness as something real.  The Third insight informs us that everything in the universe is composed of energy.  This lead to the scientists "mastering their environment" and we are still doing this today.  The thought of us taking control over our environment is crucial to the existence and continuation of our species.  I am sure even the cave men would reminisce over what happened during that day as they sat around the camp fires, probably just being thankful they made it through another day and that their "woman" was still with them.  The Third Insight reveals that all things are literally one and therefore interconnected. Because all energy is interconnected, it is malleable to human consciousness through the action of intention.  Just take the time to observe nature, be in awe at its beauty and magnificence, remembering everything is connected through natures energy.  The Fourth Insight reveals the human tendency to steal energy from other humans by controlling them and taking over their mind -- a crime in which we all engage because we so often feel depleted of energy and cut off. This shortage of energy can be remedied when we connect with the higher Source. Some people feed off others negative energy to make themselves feel or seem to be more powerful than they really are.  Soul searching is very much used in the hunt for "one's self energy".  Control or the need to be in control of something or someone is The Fifth Insight describes a new understanding of what has long been called mystical consciousness and its attainability as demonstrated by a number of esoteric practitioners of many religions and spiritual paths through the centuries. For most, however, this consciousness remains an intellectual concept to be only talked of and debated about but not taken too seriously.  A firm understanding of meditation practice appears to be the common denominator in the hunt for spiritual awareness.  Go In Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment