Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Astral Projection lesson one: essay assignment



ASTRAL PROJECTION LESSON ONE ESSAY
by Wind Walker

Wind Walker was a name given to me by a Native American Woman. She said the name was given to her in a dream, she was to give me this name and she was to tell me this name was the name of a healer. These names are given to us so the Spirits will know us.

We were asked to share who we are, our history related to astral projection and what is behind our choice to take this course.

I have walked this earth for 62 years now and I know I have not yet discovered my full potential or who I have the ability to become. I am female, I have a physical body that allows me to experience this earth journey. I was raised by a family in a specific culture, where I learned the rules and expectations of how I was supposed to walk, live, think, believe and interact with others.

Life has been about choices, levels, choosing different paths to explore, choosing to stay safe or choosing to take risks and to meet the challenges.

Yesterday I finished creating a sacred little garden area. Others speak of the peace they feel in this little sacred garden, so do I. I do love to work on houses, lawns and to create spaces that bring feelings of calm, peace, and nurturing. I am an artist and love doing much the same thing with my oil paintings and water colors.

I worked for many years as a crisis nurse. I began to study Reiki, massage, and other healing modalities. I spent part of my life learning from the Native American medicine people, elders, pipe carriers and many friends from the different nations.

Today I am very much a grandmother, worrying about a young, beautiful granddaughter who has taken off on a road trip, to escape her present life and search for a better life. I am praying for my young grandson who is going in for surgery. I am thinking of my youngest son, the father of these children. Yesterday we spent the day with friends. Once we were young and strong, now we are older, not so strong, we have our aches and pains and health challenges. We laughed and joked about sharing this new phase of our lives.

The Indian People say when we reach the age of being grandparents, that is when we begin to have wisdom. I retired a year ago and now have time to explore some different things that I could not do when I was working full time. I have the appreciation now of really wanting to learn what others have experienced and learned on their journeys. I have gained wisdom enough now to know there is so much I have not been exposed to, have not learned and if I am going to explore, I had best be doing it.

I have done enough vision questing and dream walking, to know there is another level, travels we cannot yet imagine, ways to work with the energy, the ways our thoughts can have power, ways of healing, the Spirit teachers of our inner spaces, that there are places in the universe where you can hear the stars sing, places where the history is kept, places where there is no time, places where in being there, you realize that life here is the dream.

There is so much that the ancient ones are willing to show and share and teach us in the dream walking, we only have to ask and be ready. I am hungry to learn more about the ways of my ancestors, the Celtic, the Finnish, the Gypsy and Native American.

The more I learn, the more I learn about who I am. The more I learn about who I am, the more I also learn about who others are. There has been so much that has been lost over these many generations, so much of the old ways, the old knowledge and I search to find the ways to bring back the memories of my people.

When I saw this class offered, I suspected that there would be things I would learn and be exposed to that would help me on this search.

Thank you for allowing me to share this part of my own story.


No comments:

Post a Comment