Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lesson 16 Dr. Spirituality


Here is my response to the homework:

I really liked this week's lesson about healing and forgiveness. I agree that love is what we are here to share with the world and each other.  I am unable to do the assignment regarding to talking to a significant other as I do not have one. I can share an experience in terms of love.  The father of my children and I married when we were very young.  We had not yet come to realize who we were as people.  I tried to fit into his family and he tried to fit into my family and somewhere in the middle we lost what little we knew of ourselves and our relationship with one another.  We have both gone on to different relationships over the ensuing years.  He has been married to his current spouse for well over 20 years and I walked him down the aisle when they married. 

We remain friends and supports for one another when such support is needed. I am not in a relationship with anyone other than myself at this time in my life.  It has been many years since I have had a companion.  During this time I have tried to find myself, tried to avoid myself, tried to distract myself, lost myself in my family's issues, lost myself in my work and generally avoided embracing my I Am self. Some days I am able to lose myself in happiness, other days I worry, I judge, I get frustrated, I feel sorry for myself, I envy others, I am relieved that I do not have a significant other, I feel sad and lonely.  None of these resonant with love.  It appears that my ego has been working overtime. I think this course is serving as a catalyst to move me beyond by illusion of "stuckness" to letting go of real or imagined hurts and into .

Love. Monnie


No comments:

Post a Comment