Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Universal Life Church Spirituality #6

I am really enjoying these lessons. So far, although I haven't posted before, I am finding them informational and good, brief reminders of ideas I have studied in years past. I admit my admiration for Socrates' conviction to his values in the face of execution. It was his opinion that his knowledge was so correct he was willing to die for it.

On a different note, my personal beliefs do not extend to include the idea of an anthropomorphic deity. The questions posed asking why God acts one way or another is foreign to my mind, although I have certainly heard people ask these questions.  I have to take a step back and open my heart so the answers will come that they need to hear. I consider that I step into the stream of pure consciousness and receive the info I need. I don't think of God as having acted to create a situation that must be overcome ir navigated, but rather that the situation is the karma each of us is dissolving and/or creating through our actions and our thoughts. For those who do believe in a God that sits in judgment or directs our lives, I try to change gears and work from where they are comfortable.  So far, in my limited experience, this method has served me well, but I am open to suggestions and instruction.

Thanks!
Namaste -
Rev. Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment