Spirituality Course

This blog is about the various courses on Spirituality offered through the ULC Seminary. The students offer responses to their various lessons and essays upon completion of the courses.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Spiritual Leadership ~ Unit 2 It’s all about Love Part 1 ~ Essay ~ Lesson 9

Lesson 9 ~ Spiritual Leadership ~ Unit 2 It's all about Love Part 1 ~ Essay

By:  Rev. Trent Murman

 

Do you truly know that our Creator prays for us? I don't believe anyone truly knows if  God, Almighty and creator of heaven and earth prays for us.  However, I am a great believer that He wouldn't have created us or the heavens to let us fade away into nothing.  I believe he embraces every one of us not only in our hour of need, but in his own way showing Love with the birth of a child.  This is His way of reminding us he does care for us and prays for us that we will continue on with His work.  Remembering, we the clergy shouldn't judge or otherwise make people believe or change their specific feelings or beliefs to ours.  I think it is possible that He prays for us to continue with the strength we gather through the experiences we tackle in our everyday life and dealings with others.    Do you pray for your Creator? Do I pray for our creator, no not as one might expect a prayer to be.  I believe most people that "talk to God" are asking Him for something.  Either guidance, help or some type of a sign to get them through a difficult time in their lives.  I believe most clergy pray to Him for people they are ministering to and do ask Him for help, but as to specifically pray for Him, I truly don't feel we do this. What would that look like:  What do I think He looks like?  I personally imagine God to be this colossal being with his arms spread wide in a circle fashion like He is enveloping the whole universe as He is looking down on His creations in the most caring way any father could look at his children.  Then again, who is to say God is not a female all caring and just as concerned with Her creations.  Just my opinion.   

Go In Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment